Wednesday, August 8, 2012

WHEREIN CUTTING AND PASTING SPILLS OVER INTO OTHER PARTS OF MY LIFE

I've been revising like crazy, old pb's, newer pb's, mg novels, etc. which means A LOT of cutting and a lot of pasting. (But mostly cutting.)

Somehow, my cutting and pasting talent has spilled over into other areas of my life. : )

See the pics below for an example. 




I took a garbage full of clothing big and small (that I was going to donate) but instead cut, cut, cut. And then sewed, sewed, sewed (pasted) them back together to make some original and chic clothing for my nine-year-old daughter's back-to-school clothes. 


And since today was the first day back to school, I thought it would be a lovely time to show these off to you. Anyone wanna guess which one she picked to wear for her first day? 

. . . . .

You're all wrong. She choose a store-bought shirt. Go figure. : )

Hope you all have a wonderful day. Check out Write On Con today, too, if you haven't already. Lots of great info. there. 

8 comments:

  1. i knew the end of the story! if only we could put the hand me downs in the store and let them think they are new right! love your blog : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, if only. Glad you like the blog. I love reading YOURS!

      Delete
  2. Sweet, sweet, sweet!!!!
    Cheer camp dress will be next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of my daughter Elliah, with her recycling abilities, or should I say cutting and pasting. Thanks for sharing and I love them all. I think she picked the red white and blue one. Your clothes look even more cute than what we see in the stores. I hope she likes her new wardrobe and appreciates what you have done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mom. She has yet to wear them, but I do think she likes them.

      Delete
  4. So creative Elliah! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tara. That means a lot coming from a super dress-maker like you.

      Delete