Wednesday, November 13, 2013

ITSY BITSY TIP: Using Pinterest for your writing projects

 Okay, I can't take all of the credit for this, since my good writer buddy Erin Shakespear gave me the idea through one of her posts on Facebook, but I must say, it's a brilliant idea!

Ten years ago, when I was drafting my first (and last!) YA manuscript, I found pictures of people, places, and objects that represented what was in my mind, printed them out, and cut and pasted them onto a giant poster board. Then, I hung it on the wall and looked at it often for inspiration.

You and I can do the same thing on the wonderful site of Pinterest without all the cutting and pasting. And the best part? Pinterest now allows its users to have PRIVATE boards that only you can see.

Last night I spent a good twenty minutes perusing the web for images of things like orange fairies and spooky forests and made up a whole board to represent my MG manuscript, THE DELICIOUS TEARS OF EIRA STONE. Hey, that reminds me, I need to find a picture of a girl crying to add onto the board.

So what are you waiting for? Gathering images may just help bring your imagination to life. It is so much fun, I promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment