Wednesday, October 8, 2014

HOORAY FOR PITCHWARS!

So, this announcement is a wee bit overdue, but I am so thrilled to be Joy McCullough Carranza's alternate pick for PitchWars 2014!

I entered my Contemporary MG verse novel, POCKET FULL OF POPPIES, and Joy has been such a great cheerleader, friend, and teacher. We've been working together for a month and I can tell you--she is quite lovely. A playwright, a mother of two, a wife, a home-schooler, a MG/YA fiction writer, a freelance writer/editor, a seamstress, a chocolate lover, a sweetheart, a PitchWars mentor for the 2nd year in a row, a member of Project Middle Grade Mayhem, and my latest discovery--

my fairy godmother. (I'm serious.)

She is represented by Sara Crowe of Harvey Klinger, Inc. and has some wonderific examples of queries that worked on her blog. Many amazing things have/do/will come from this amazing person. And I feel like I've won the lottery.

4 comments:

  1. How fortunate you are in having Joy as your Pitchwars mentor! And with a MG novel in verse...wow am I looking forward to reading your finished product! Good luck and enjoy the ride! ~Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Pitch Wars! The mentors are seriously awesome.

    ReplyDelete